Headspace

8:00 AM

Sometimes I get stuck in my own head.

Lately, my head has been full of voices whispering, telling me that I'm alone, that no one understands, that I can't communicate well, so why bother? And I've been listening. Loneliness is a virus. Once I let the feeling of isolation creep into my heart, I feel cold. lost. separated from the ones I love. And you know? This is a lie. Thanks to a dear friend for pointing out that I've fallen for the oldest trick in the book.


1 Peter 1:13-16
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”
  

Prepare your minds for action. Take your medicine. Be in the Word. Don't let the virus of loneliness get you down this season.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images