New Rhythm

6:06 AM

Have you ever noticed how life seems to have a certain rhythm to it? A lively rhythm - life is busy, lots of balancing necessary. A slow rhythm - lazy summer afternoons, time to read and think. A waltzing rhythm - life is full of love. A dirge - sadness fills your heart.

Rhythm tells a story. Rhythm creates balance. Rhythm creates anticipation, climaxes, and relaxes.I thrive when I know the rhythm and what to expect. I struggle when the rhythm changes. Lately, my life began taking on a new rhythm. For the last three years I worked for a consulting firm. My last day was Thursday. I am still working part time at a pregnancy center, but it's a new normal for me. Suddenly I have time to read! To work on projects! To be home, and create home. This rhythm will only last through July, when Baby D will introduce a new rhythm to my life. A new chapter will begin then.



During this time of transition, I am trying to build new habits. I want time with Jesus. I want to create patterns of a clean home, clean heart, and deep relationships.

What are the rhythms of your life?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images